Vegan Chocolate Fudge Frosting (Gluten & Diary Free)
When you're gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, sugar-free, or if you're just on a diet then it can be really hard to find something healthy when you're craving sweets. If you're like me you may still be on a diet which means that you don't have sweets in the house at all. What's great about this frosting is that it allows you to use ingredients that are already in your pantry! No need to run to the store for a chocolate delight, just simply pull out your ingredients and pair this with chocolate cupcakes or dare I say, eat it out of the bowl with a spoon! Don't worry, your secret is safe with me.
- 1 Cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips (my favorite brand is Enjoy Life)
- 1/4 Cup Soy, almond, or coconut milk
- 1/3 Cup Powdered Sugar (non-Paleo version)
- 1/4 Cup Coconut oil1 or diary-free butter
- 1 Tsp Rodelles vanilla extract
- 1 Tsp Salt
- Grab a medium sized sauce pan and heat on the medium heat setting. Mix together all of your ingredients leaving the powdered sugar for last (if you're using it). Keep stirring to make sure that the ingredients melt together, and to prevent the chocolate from burning. After you've combined your ingredients then you can add in the sugar, or powdered sugar.
- Place your pan in the fridge until the mixture is cool or you can place it into the freezer to speed up this process. Only keep it in the fridge or freezer until it's firm enough to spread on your cake, cupcake, brownies, or baked good of choice. Otherwise, the mixture will become too solid to spread.