CINNAMON ROLL MUFFINS
Today I woke up with a huge craving for something sweet and savory for breakfast. I was going to make my go-to breakfast which consists of waffles, way too many waffles but instead, I wanted to make something that both myself and my Fiancé could eat together! I came up with the idea to make cinnamon roll muffins with homemade sweet powdered icing and I have to say that I was quite impressed. This wasn’t just the first time that I’ve made cinnamon rolls, but also the first time that I’ve made bread dough!
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- 1 egg
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tbsp. butter, room temperature
- ? cups brown sugar
- ¾ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tbsp. coconut milk
- 4 tbsp cream cheese
- Start by preheating your over to 375° F. It will be finished once you're done mixing your dough
- Measure the brown sugar, baking soda, salt, vanilla and egg into a large mixing bowl then add in the canned coconut milk and combine with a fork. Add in your flour (I used Gluten-Free) and mix with a large spoon until the batter forms into a dough.
- Lightly flour your counter space and place the dough onto of it, and knead it for a few minutes. Roll the dough into a 12-inch by 24-inch rectangle or large enough for several cinnamon rolls. Using a rubber spatula or a glaze brush spread on your butter and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar, I used brown sugar.
- Roll the dough into a log while stretching it slightly.
- Cut into 2-3 inch pieces and place them into a greased muffin tin.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Allow the muffins to cool for 5 minutes, and then remove from the muffin tins.
- Drizzle with icing when cool.